SOLUTIONS IMPLEMENTED BY THE FRENCH GOVERNMENT TO TRY AND SOLVE THE ECONOMIC CRISIS
1) Reforming the organization of the territory: Suppressing all the “départements” to avoid the administrative layer cake. /Joining together the regions (21 to 14) to save money at the national level.
2) Reducing health costs: Some medicines will now be paid for by patients and not by social security. People will spend less time in hospital.
3) For incomes over 1 million Euros income tax on every euro over 1 million will be 75 %
4) Some people can have a reduction in their income tax if they buy a flat for rent or hire a charwoman: these advantages will be suppressed.
5) The companies which make a commitment to hire more workers or invest in research will see their taxes reduced.
6) So- called responsibility pact: reduction of the social contributions (taxes paid by companies and workers on the salaries and used for financing the social security system) to foster job creation.
7) Different types of job contracts supposed to improve job creation: contracts matching the hiring of a young worker with an older one to permit skill transfer.
8) Decreasing the income taxes to boost consumption.
9) Blocking the salaries of civil servants.
10) Reducing by 50 % the subventions to cultural projects